Thursday, January 29, 2009

Welcome to the disclaimer!

I have this 'friend' (and NO its NOT me), let's call my Friend, Ross. So Ross also has a blog. Normally Ross posts about techy stuff or cycling stuff....stuff that I don't always understand, but I read it anyhow. I once asked Ross why he never blogged about personal stuff. He said that going through a horrible divorce wasn't really enjoyable to read. Although, I think it may help other guys get out of unhappy marriages with complete Douche Bags, but that wasn't the initial intent of his blog.
Fast forward 9 months. So now Ross has a GF, we'll call her Rachel. For the first time, he's genuinely happy and has started to intermix a few personal posts with his normal 'guy' stuff. Well, apparently in a recent post, a reader became offended. The reader, we'll call him Chandler, says that Ross blogs too much about his sexcapades with his Rachel and that EVERYONE is getting tired of reading about it. Yet when confronted about who else thinks this way, Chandler just says "I don't want to get into it with you". Now then, why bring it up in the first place? I didn't know that someone else's happiness was offensive to others. I've read the posts, there is nothing offensive in them. Ross may make an innuendo, but he NEVER talks about specifics or positions or anything else, but "wow, had a great 'workout' " And let's face it, if you're not breaking a sweat during sex, you're just not doing it right!!! I'd much rather have sex for 45 minutes, then go to the gym and run on a treadmill like a hamster for 45 minutes. Call me easy, but I'm gonna get it while I still can.
I'm going to leave you with some wise words from The Offspring:
ladies and gentlemen
welcome to the disclaimer
that's right the disclaimer
this american apple pie institution
known as parental discretion
will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm
from the lyrics that might actually make you think
and will also insult your intelligence at the same time
so protect your family
this album contains explicit depictions
of things which are real
these real things are commonly known as life
so if it sounds sarcastic don't take it seriously
if it sounds dangerous
do not try this at home or at all
and if it offends you just don't listen to it

2 comments:

Day said...

I think that "Chandler" needs to get a life and let "Ross" and "Rachel" do their thing and be happy!

Ashlee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.