Monday, January 26, 2009

I've had an epiphany

I just want to share a snippet of emails that my Loving BF and I have had since I last blogged about God and sports. In the midst of these emails, I had an epiphany. I believe that with scientific, irrefutable evidence, we can pinpoint precisely when God started to take an interest in sports. Therefore, making my prior post obsolete. Or at the very least has made me reconsider thanking God the next time I do my crow pose perfectly in yoga!




BF: Oh well... you can't account for the lemmings that believe any and everything that is told to them! If it were the case that God cared who won then how would the Russians (former USSR, really) ever have won anything? They were (are) atheists so God could have never have been on their side... =D



IG: Russians (former USSR, really) ever have won anything? They were (are) atheists so God could have never have been on their side This would explain the 1980 Winter Olympics where the USA beat the Russians (USSR) in hockey!



BF: Yes but in the years the USSR participated in Ice Hockey (1960 - 1988) they won the gold 7 of 9 times!!!



IG: Yes, but I'm sure even God got tired of watching the atheists win and that's when he stepped in. So I guess, we could logically pinpoint God's interaction with sports to the 1980 Winter Olympics! It wasn't a called a Miracle for nothing! =D





No comments: