Thursday, September 17, 2009

Are you in OR are you out?!?!


Its no secret to those of you that follow me on Twitter or are my "friends" on facebook that I'm plannng an 80's party for Steven's ____th (rhymes with Sporty) Birthday. In preparation for the party, I managed to use my Super-Spy Secret Squirrel training and retrieved a copy of the coveted Senior Year YearBook from 1987.....ok, so he gave it to me! And might I just add, Sucka!!! Needless to say, it gave Ashlee and myself quite a few laughs...which is why my year books are safely hidden and packed away!!! Anywho, in the process of making fun of people...err, I mean doing reseach, we can across a totally awesome "In and Out" list from 1987. So let's see, according to Lakes High School 1987, are you In or are you Out??

IN

  • Big and Baggy Shirts
  • Black or Dark Clothes (Ahhh the start of the emo era)
  • California (Can I get a Woot Woot!!)
  • Compact Discs
  • College Sweatshirts
  • Colored Hair Gel (ahh the start of the poser era. just use real dye for Pete sake!)
  • Computers
  • David Letterman
  • Diet Coke
  • Flame-broiled Burgers (Whoppers are tasty!!)
  • Gucci
  • Gubby and Pokey (Ahh-huh huh, they said Pokey!!)
  • Having your own car & license (Honestly, was there a time that this was "out"?!?!)
  • Health Food
  • Keds (hmm, I'm picturing Keds and a Gucci purse...Stylin!)
  • Laser Tag
  • McDonald's
  • New York Seltzer (Honestly this was the shyt!! Awesome flavors and wicked burps!)
  • Parties
  • Pastels (Nothing says I'm hip like guys wearing a pastel pink Polo Shirt)
  • Portable Radios (I'm totally picturing John Cusack ala "Say Anything")
  • Rapping
  • Retainers
  • Scooters
  • Seahawks
  • Seniors (I'm guessing they don't mean old people)
  • Skateboarding
  • Stonewashed Jeans (perferably skin tight...yummy! NOT!)
  • Stress (okay, are you friggin kidding me? Stress?!?! Since when is it cool to be stressed)
  • Sweatpants (Oh yeah, another HOT fashion look! *note the sarcasm*)
  • Turtlenecks (please there is only ONE reason to wear a turtle neck!!!)
  • Walkmans
  • Yo-Yos (Okay, who the h3ll surveyed that kid?!?!)

OUT

  • Abbreviating Words ie. Luv, wuz, frenz (okay hold up, how is wuz the abbreviation for was? Its still 3 letters long?!?!)
  • Bleached Hair
  • Braces (oh yeah, cuz having braces USED to be SOOO totally cool!!)
  • Burger King (*tires screeching* Ummm, I thought that flame-broiled burgers are in. Where else do you get flame-broiled burgers?!?!)
  • Commitment (Can I get a Woot Woot for free-love!!)
  • Communism
  • Discos (pretty sure that went out with the Bee Gees in the EARLY 80's. just saying)
  • Dr Ruth
  • Dungeons and Dragons (I think someone forgot to tell an entire generation of geeks!)
  • Hair Clips
  • Hairspray (Ummm, ever seen the hair in the 80's?? it was ALL about the hairspray!)
  • K-mart
  • Leg Warmers
  • Madonna Wanna-be's
  • MTV
  • Narcs (yes, because telling on your friends USED to be SOO cool!)
  • New Coke
  • "On Board" Signs
  • Overdone Makeup
  • Parachute Pants (and so is M.C. Hammers career!)
  • Pastels (*tires screech* Ummm...wasn't Pastels on our IN list?!?! Did they just survey the kids that ride the little yellow school bus?!?!)
  • Peace Signs
  • Rambo
  • Rocky (That's right, Lakes High single handedly ended Stallione's career!)
  • Smurfs (WTF?!?! Oh h3ll no! the Smurfs will always ROCK!)
  • Spike High Heels (obviously, I NEVER got that memo. Have you seen my shoes?!?)
  • Stirrup Pants (Don't worry, Ashlee and I are bringing them back!!)
  • Tight clothes (oh yeah guys, cuz nothing and I do mean NOTHING makes a girl swoon like seeing your dirty ass boxer while you are constantly pulling up your size 4X jeans!)
  • V-neck Sweaters (but, what will I wear over my turtleneck that's SO in??)

NOT that any of you asked, but there you have it. The IN'S and OUT'S of 1987 according to the fashion forward kids at Lakes High School! *mumbles to self* (Seriously, no stirrup-pants or Smufs?!?! WTF people. W.T.F?!?)

1 comment:

SteveBargelt said...

Oh GAWD... where to flippin' start?

First of all I have NO recollection of being part of the polling audience... okay I was probably in my '72 Pontiac Ventura pared across the street drinking a 40oz er of Old E.

Next, oh nevermind ... this is funny as h3ll without my mucking it up!

Good job sweetie!