Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A chapter comes to a close...maybe

How do I begin? What do I say? I'm deeply saddened. I am sitting, starring blankly at my divorce papers. I FULLY enjoy being a wife. I LOVE being Mrs. Russell, or Mrs. Somebody for that matter. Now who am I? Am I Ex Mrs. Russell? The girl formerly known as Mrs. Russell? Should I now become just a symbol like Prince? Do I go back to just plain 'ol Ms. Reilly? What??? What do I do now?!?! Honestly, I've been starring at these papers for so long that the words are starting to blur together. I wonder if a boat is hidden in there somewhere. LOL "Irretrievably broken" "marriage dissolved" is what the papers say. How can love be "dissolved"?? *sigh* 7 years ago when I took my vows "for better or worse" "till death do us part" I really, honestly, whole heartedly meant them. Standing at the atler I NEVER in my wildest dreams thought that I would be just another statistic. Yet here I am, one step closer to being, as Tom Lykis says another "white single mother in Seattle." Thanks Tom. Can you blow me up now?!?!

I miss wearing a wedding ring. I miss waking up and falling asleep with my husband. I miss being part of a team, a set, like salt and pepper, peanut butter and jelly, Sonny and Cher (okay bad example but you get my drift.) This is the part of the fairy tale that Disney doesn't tell you about. What happens to *insert Princess here* after the Prince kisses her and wakes her up? Life! That's what happens. And its hard and it sucks!!! But I guess making movies about the Ex Mrs. Charming doesn't sell dolls or dresses or makes money. Who wants to grow up to become an Ex-Wife and wear a tarnished crown?!?! Not me. I always wanted to be someone's Snow White.

I'm putting my pen down, papers still unsigned. Maybe I'll sign them tomorrow. For now, still Mrs. Russell.

No comments: