Saturday, March 20, 2010

What a difference a year makes!


Today marks a milestone in my life. No I'm NOT getting married again and it's NOT my birthday. Nope, today is the anniversary of my divorce. I have OFFICIALLY been divorced for 1 year today.

I have to admit that I have mixed emotions about it. I LOVE being married. I LOVE being known as "Mrs. _____" I LOVE taking care of my husband and being BFFs. But it just didn't work. I AM happy to say that we are still GREAT friends. In fact, probably better friends than we were when we were married. I know that he has my back no matter what happens and I have his. I dare a woman to break his heart. She'll have to deal with my wrath. And of course, we have P-man. He is THE.MOST.IMPORTANT thing in our lives. I know "they" say that things happen for a reason. So if that means that P was the out come of that "reason" then it was well worth the ride.....NO pun intended!!! =D

Seriously though. T is a GREAT guy. ANY woman is lucky to capture his heart and his love. It just turns out that we made better friends then husband/wife. No regrets on my part. And I'm sure none on his....look what we got out of it. A spunky, loving, cheerful, happy son...who will be turning 5 in May...OMG time flies, but that's another post. You might be asking yourself: Do you miss T? Of course I do. We shared some AMAZING times together. I learned things about myself and grew as a woman and for that I thank him and will be ETERNALLY grateful. And sure we can still hang out, have a beer, rip on people and just be. I think that's the way it should be.

So on the anniversary of my divorce, I'm NOT going to cry. I'm going to remember the good times. And say Thank You, T, for allowing me to be a part of your life for 12 years!!! And here's to another 12!!!


No comments: