Friday, May 8, 2009

April showers bring May flowers


It seems that no matter where you turn, there is bad news every where. From the economy, unemployment rates, the fires in Santa Barbara, death, destruction, etc, etc, etc. Even I myself have had negatives in my life recently. Both my Father and Grandfather have been seriously ill, I only get to see my son 50% of the time now and I'm a statistic (divorced, single mother). There is one thing I have learned though and that's negative thoughts and energy only bring more negative thoughts and energy. While yes, there will always continue to be negativity in the World, I'm not going to focus on it anymore. I'm going to stop this "circle of sadness" I'm choosing to focus on the positive!

And a HUGE "thank you" to Day for helping me to see the light. It was only after reading Day's blog yesterday that I started to see things in a different light. So here are the things that I'm thankful for. (In no particular order)


  • I have a happy, healthy son who loves me and who I love without boundaries or limits.
  • I have the most awesome, perfect boyfriend on the face of the planet who accepts me for who I am with all of my idiosyncrasies (and believe me, there are A LOT!!) and spoils me rotten!
  • I have a job. (Albeit, it may suck some days, but I'm happy to be working)
  • I have family and friends who genuinely love and care about me no matter how screwed up I may be.
  • I have a roof over my head.
  • I'm no longer living off my credit cards and thus in that vicious cycle of credit card debt!
  • I'm still friends with my ex-husband and we have our son's best interests and well being at heart.
  • I have reconnected with some really great friends from high school, that I lost contact with years ago.
  • I got rid of and will continue to rid myself of cancerous relationships.
  • I am finally finding my true self after I forgot who I was for SO many years.

I could go on and on about things that I'm thankful for. What about you? How are the "flowers" in your garden doing?

2 comments:

SteveBargelt said...

It is easy to accept you and to spoil you rotten... you are an AMAZING woman!

I love you! =D

Bird Shit said...

I am going to have to steal some of those thoughts from your list. I need to get out of the funk I have been in!!! Also, Happy mothers day to you!